Do you like to work on analytical puzzles together with a fantastic team that energizes you? You’ve got a background in IT or a strong interest in IT but you also like to communicate with the customer? Then being a Mendix Business Consultant is right up your street! Work with us on building the best solutions for our customers. A job giving you a glimpse behind the scenes in several organizations, while growing at both the IT and consultancy levels!
About the position:
As a Mendix Business Consultant you understand what the customer wants and where the needs lie. You are the link between the business and IT. Your ability is discerning the question behind the question, letting you translate the customer’s needs into high-quality Mendix solutions which you build yourself!
Mendix is a platform which lets you develop smart and flexible applications for customers super-fast through visual modelling, without lots of programming. It’s a platform you can master if you’ve IT affinity, strong analytical skills and a lot of eagerness to learn.
Soon after your start:
- You get up and running with the five-week bootcamp in our Mendix Certified Academy.
- You’ll gain your Mendix Rapid Application Development certification;
- There are introductory sessions to get to know your new colleagues and CLEVR better as an organisation;
- We determine your development goals for the first year together;
- You’ll get to know your colleagues better and better at the company meetings or games night;
- We’ll determine which project will be best for you to gain your first practical experience.
What you do day to day:
- Your days are made up of analysing, designing, but particularly modelling and shaping our customers’ requirements together with the team;
- You are responsible for creating and implementing Mendix business apps;
- At lunchtime you’ll take a pleasant walk, or you’ll challenge your colleagues at table football or on the PS4;
- You work in scrum teams in our offices, or at the customer’s premises.
You’ll be assigned to one or more scrum teams with other colleagues; you’ll work intensively with them and can learn a lot. So for you cooperation and communication add up to being able to deliver the right solution and growing your job satisfaction. Projects vary from eight weeks to ten months, depending entirely on the question and the complexity of the solution. It’s a varied role, where we give you plenty of responsibility alongside the accompanying flexibility and development opportunities.
What you bring:
- A completed degree, preferably in (Business) Information Systems, Business IT & Management, Artificial Intelligence, Human Technology, Technical Management or a demonstrable IT affinity.
- Good and pleasant communication skills;
- Dutch and English are languages you master;
- Analytical thinking skills;
- A flexible and pragmatic attitude;
- A huge amount of positive energy;
- Insatiable curiosity about the people around you;
- A good sense of humour.
- A great role in a successful, international and rapidly-growing company with an open and personal business culture;
- Some 200 smart and passionate colleagues, including 24 Mendix experts, 50 Mendix advanced developers and 4 MVPs.
- Flexibility and a good work-life balance;
- Plenty of variety in project types and possibilities;
- In our company we want to move on together. That’s why we attach such importance to your development and ambitions. Among other things this manifests itself in: 8 study days annually, our own Mendix Certified Academy with extensive offerings, knowledge-sharing sessions, feedback rounds, and unlimited access to Udemy training;
- Attractive terms of employment;
- Also useful: a lease car or mobility allowance, phone and laptop;
- 25 holiday days + time off between Christmas and New Year’s Eve and after Ascension Day;
- And last but not least: fantastic get-togethers, board-game evenings, great parties, BBQs, LAN parties, creative corona-proof activities and more.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter!
The selection process has two rounds: an introductory interview, and an assignment where you’ll be challenged to work with Mendix yourself! That gives you a better idea of Mendix and gives us the opportunity to estimate what your learning curve will be.
Naturally you’re more than welcome to contact us with questions. You can call Elise Wesseling, our Talent Acquisition Specialist, on +31 6 12 46 23 04 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.